It’s been a while, and I confess, I won’t have the time to be very active for some time yet. Had a precious little son in November last year… so the kids pretty much take all my time.
I just wanted to let you know that I’ve published an English version of the Dagny Beret pattern on Ravelry. Quite late, yes, I know… The baby situation I mentioned earlier. Enjoy the pattern! Now during milder winter days I use my pink Dagny daily. It’s a treasure!
I might have gone a little over the top… Possibly… But it’s sooo fun!
I’ve never tested patterns before, but it’s been an experience! It’s good actually, and from now on I shall try to have all patterns tested.
Tove said there were forums for this on Ravelry so I had a look and found an extremely strict one. (I was sweating when posting there, honestly). And Tove was like “What forum is that???!?”.
I like clear ground rules. It simplifies a lot and you know what to expect. I’m all for a method of doing things, but it took me a while to figure out what is wrong here.
This forum shouldn’t be a forum. It should be a ticket system. Like an issue management system similar to Jira by Atlassian for example. (IT geek warning, yes, I know, sorry! But just in case the mod team would see this post it could be helpful information.)
In fact, this is what happens when you use technical solutions the wrong way. The administration becomes wast and the framework extensive and intimidating. The thing is that ususlly the people who started it up are completely unaware of it. They’ve been there from the beginning and they know it through and through. This, while newbees are scared away. So perhaps Ravelry needs a ticket solution in the future where you can set up workflows for groups with methods like this.
In the end I got some amazing help and feedback for the Dagny beret and I got to meet a couple of really nice knitters. There’s obviously much more to gain than just to have your patterns tested!
Sunday was a big day in my knitting life. Somehow I miraculously managed to get a pattern into a knit webzine: Avmaskat.
It has been an adventure and a lot of hard work. I sent in a proposal only thinking it would come to nothing. But as the proposal was accepted the Christmas holiday became a little more hectic than I had planned. I’m so pleased with the result. Dagny really did turn into a wonderful beret.
Avmaskat wanted the pink version and I felt that at least for myself I had to knit the mint and pink one I had dreamt up.