- Craftsy class:
- Know Your Wool (Free mini class)
- Deborah Robson
- Short description:
- A mini class about the different types of wool, usage, breeds and what to keep in mind.
Things I’m taking away from this class:
- There’s many more reasons to swatch then just to check gauge. (But I’m slightly horrified about the increasing yarn consumption…)
- I want to learn a lot more about wool preparation. I wish there had been some more details about that.
- Considering the things I knit I think I’m buying the right yarns.
Even if the sound was a little muddled I really like the fact that Deborah Robson takes us off to the wool market to check out some real live sheep.
For being a quick introduction to wool and for making way for learning more I give this Craftsy class a four out of five DPNs. I missed talking about wool preparations and how that affect the yarn. It was mentioned, but no more than to make me realize it is of importance.