So the Brimstone Butterfly Fingerless Mitts pattern is finally released on ravelry.com
Feels kind of nice to have that done! Thanks Tove for reviewing it for me!
Trying to finish up at least one mitten before starting something new. Well, that and correcting the pattern.1
With the change of my situation the precious knitting moments have become a rarity. There’s lots of things you can combine: Tea and knitting; Telly and knitting; Telly and breast feeding… But knitting and breast feeding? Not so much. If the baby is contently eating and half asleep you might be able to knit slooowly depending on how entangled your arms are.
So mostly the knitting is just sitting there trying to stare me down. And all I can do is stare back.
And sometimes the baby is fast asleep in her own bed. Then I can sit down with my knitting and the cat can occupy my lap.2
I’ve finally finished mitten number two!
Tove was happy to assist me in taking some lovely pictures of the finished mitts. With the mitts that nail polish is not too bad, without the mitts you kind if wonder if she went nuts with a highlighter… (I doubt a highlighter would stick and have the same gloss however. Just a random thought. That wage memory of trying it once must be my imagination…)
Now I just have to finish the pattern notes (and sort out a question mark or two). All in good time.4
I wanted to do the Brimstone butterfly in lace. My feeble attempts were mocking and I had to give it up. Either it came out kind if weird or just wasn’t really visible (just looked like a bunch of mistakes really).
That is when I sighed and decided to “cheat”. Googling embroidery stitches soon gave my mood an upswing.
Nervously I tried out the straight stitches for the petals and the chain stitches to form the butterfly (okay, so I had to redo them a couple of times before I got it right…). The latter looks as if they were knitted on.
It’s a new pattern that I’m working on and I’m almost done with the right-hand fingerless mitt. After Tove’s praises of the “best thumb ever” I decided to incorporate that in my new pattern, but with a little twist. It’s coming along nicely and right now I’m just sooo eager to finish up and inspect the result!1
I’ve had this idea in mind for ages, but no yarn that felt right. Then I realized I had a couple of natural Madelinetosh Merino Light laying around. So I decided to have a go with my Jeaba colors and dye my own blend of yellow for this specific project.
To early to tell how it will turn out, but I’m hopeful!1