Switching things up a bit here… this is Anneli’s first viewing. Tove has seen it, erm, well. Previously.
Things we’re taking away from this episode:
- Tove (suburban child) kind of agrees with Owen about the countryside. Anneli (countryside child) does not. No one is surprised.
- This Torchwood Team Building Camping Adventure does NOT go to plan. People just keep ruining the mood and making it awkward… and that’s BEFORE they find the dead body!
- Brecon Beacons offers a lot of dramatic sky shots. Beautiful in a bleak way!
- If you have to be stuck in a creepy cellar, we’d rather be stuck with Tosh and Ianto than the others. They’re better at… thinking.
- Has Gwen never heard of tea and hugs as a means of comfort?
- Jack’s Captain Fantastic Saves the Day scene is really cheesy.
- Tove thinks this is the scariest of all the Torchwood episodes (and Anneli agrees that it’s the scariest thus far). The worst monsters of all.
Owen: I hate the countryside. It’s dirty, it’s unhygienic. And what is that smell?
Gwen: That would be grass.
Owen: It’s disgusting.
For being tense and terrifying, we award this episode four out of five DPNs, with the ending dragging the grade down a bit.