Things we’re taking away from this episode:
- Anneli is very glad she doesn’t have a friend like Mels.
- Bad guys (gals?) very often have dark lipstick.
- Entering a lift with hubris is a bad idea.
- The Doctor really likes replacing weapons with bananas.
- Low point of the episode, nay, series: “Plus she’s a woman”. Boooo.
- Silence will fall when the question is asked. Anneli will ponder it. (Tove has seen this before, but did figure it out. It made her unbearably smug.)
Rory: Does anybody else find this day just a bit difficult? I’m getting a sort of banging in my head.
Amy: Yeah, I think that’s Hitler in the cupboard.
Rory: That’s not helping.
Despite the terrible “she’s a woman” line, we’re giving this episode three and a half out of five DPNs, for important plot, lots of funny lines, and a very cool and poetic mystery.2