Things we’re taking away from this episode:
- Anneli has been hexipuff brainwashed and sees them everywhere, flying through the universe…!
- If Tove had a second-hand shop, she’d call it “The scrapyard at the end of the universe”.
- “Petrichor” is a good name for a yarn colour.
- Anneli can’t spell scrapyard. Scaryard is ALMOST right, right? (And yet Tove was the one consuming beer. We’re left wondering what Fortnum and Mason put in their tea.)
- Fish don’t have fingers. Too bad we have to knit gloves for people and not fish.
- Tove misses Ten’s control room. It could be that she just misses Ten in general.
- Bunk beds are not cool. Sorry Doctor, you’re wrong.
- The only water in the forest is the river….
Idris: You’re like a nine-year-old trying to rebuild a motorbike in his bedroom. And you never read the instructions.
The Doctor: I always read the instructions.
Idris: There’s a sign on my front door. You have been walking past it for seven hundred years. What does it say?
The Doctor: That’s not instructions!
Idris: There’s an instruction at the bottom. What does it say?
The Doctor: “Pull to open.”
Idris: Yes, and what do you do?
The Doctor: I push!
A solid five out of five DPNs, for being fun, innovative, and oddly moving.
Knotty gloves in Madelinetosh Merino Light in Cousteau for my sister. Just need to get cracking on the left one…
So after months (almost a year to be honest…) of knitting, swetting, cursing… IT’S FINALLY FINISHED, blocked and everything!!! Gosh, my fingers are totally hurting and I discovered some nice design features from yesterday when I too determined refused to go to bed. Finally I had to and I did the last 2 rows this morning and a nice stretchy k1, k2tog-tbl bind-off. It’s described in the pattern, but I’ve linked to a youtube video for those who prefer that.
The pattern is called Fylleryd by Mia Rinde and is available for free on Ravelry.
Also I’ve decided that I hate nupps, especially lace nupps… So in this lovely shawl I’ve placed beads instead which gave it the whole nebula touch. I was at loss to what exactly to name it when my sister suggested the nebula theme. After browsing the Internet I felt the Orion Nebula would be a nice choice. If you want to know exactly where in the pattern I’ve placed the beads feel free to check out my notes on Ravelry for my Orion Nebula shawl.
And here’s some pictures
PS Stina is helping out with the blocking, making sure it’s done properly. I have to say she behaves much better than some other cats I know…
Okay, so my sister scolded me for not watching more Farscape. I’m now trying to better myself while knitting hexipuffs for our secret project…
Tove: DUDE look at this there’s a YARN VAN!
Anneli: Oooh we should have one. Tosh all over Sweden. We could call it TOSHWOOD!
Tove: HAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! YES WITH THE BLACK SUV WITH THE NAME AND –
Anneli: And the coat!
Tove: KNIT THE COAT omg that would take an age.
Anneli: That’s when you’d need a knitting machine.
Tove: Yeah that sounds a pain.
Anneli: Maybe there’s something smaller we could knit…
Tove: OMG HEXIPUFFS!!!!!!!!!!
Alas our budget doesn’t really allow for the big SUV with the name of our secret organisation all over it at this current point in time. But we can blog. And hexipuff.